After setting up your Huawei B890 router, it is time to set up an internet connection with your Huawei B890 router to connect your devices (computer, laptop, tablet, etc.) to the mobile Internet. You are able to connect to the Internet via a wired or wireless (Wi-Fi) connection. Follow the instructions below to set up your connection of choice.
1.Wired connection with B890
1. Connect the Yellow Ethernet cable provided to one of the 3 LAN ports and connect the other end to your computer. (Note:
Do not connect the Yellow Ethernet cable to the WAN port that is closest to the right hand side of the device.)
2. Wait approximately 30 – 60 seconds for the connection to establish. Check the indicators on the front panel of your Smart Hub. If they are lit as outlined you are ready to use the internet with your new Smart Hub!
Power indicator: Solid White – the Smart Hub is powered on.
Wireless signal indicator: Solid Blue or Cyan: B890 is registered with the wireless network. (If itis red and blinking, power off the Smart Hub and ensure your SIM card is inserted correctly.)
Wireless Dial-up indicator: Solid – B890 is connected to the wireless network. ( If it is blinking continuously, power off the Smart Hub for 2 minutes and try again.)
LAN indicators: Solid – 1, 2 or 3 will be lit depending on which LAN port you are connected to. Blinking – data is transferring.
2.Wireless (Wi-Fi) Connection with B890
The B890 smart hub enables you to connect up to 32 Wi-Fi enabled devices to the Internet, follow these simple steps to set it.
1. Ensure that the Wi-Fi indicator on the front panel is solid and Wi-Fi is enabled on your device (computer, laptop, tablet, etc.)
2. From your device, scan for wireless networks in your area. Connect to the network name that matches the Wi-Fi Name (SSID) found on the Wireless Security Sticker.
3. When prompted for your wireless security settings, enter the Wi-Fi Password listed on the Wireless Security Sticker (Wi-Fi Password is case sensitive).
4. Wait approximately 30 seconds for the connection to establish. Your Wi-Fi enabled device will notify you when it is connected.
5.You may connect up to 32 Wi-Fi enabled devices. Repeat steps 1 through 4.
Now, all is okay. You could access the internet with your 4G CPE router now