The world’s first Gigabit LTE device Netgear Nighthawk M1 is now available at Store4G.
Easy to set-up great battery life
Connect up to 20 devices
Great battery life
Potential for super-fast download speed
Expensive for a hotspot
speeds not close to 1Gbps
What is Netgear MR1100?
Equipped with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon X16 LTE chipset, the Netgear MR1100 is the first Gigabit LTE mobile hotspot to achieve download speeds of 1Gbps over a 4G network. Support for Category 16 LTE Advanced, 4X4 MIMO and 4-band Carrier Aggregation (700Mhz, 900Mhz, 1800Mhz, 2100Mhz, 2600Mhz), Nighthawk M1 can serve as a media hub for streaming and playing multimedia entertainment.
And it is one of the few mobile hotspots (Huawei E5885, E5770) that has an Ethernet port, in case you need to physically connect the Nighthawk M1 to a device or to a network switch.
With a dimension of 105.5 (L) x 105.5 (W) x 20.35 (H) mm, the Nighthawk M1 mobile router is a bit larger than regular mobile hotspot. It is in square appearance and has a circular screen – not a touch screen – you can cycle through the pages with a short press of the on/off switch.
There are 1 USB Type-A, 1 USB Type-B, 1 Ethernet port, and 2 TS-9 connector slots at the bottom of the M1. With the Type-A USB port, Type-A USB port and the Ethernet port, you connect other devices and stream content from USB drives and external hard drives. You can also charge up your mobile devices with the USB Type-A port.
There are two TS-9 connector slots for you to insert an antenna to boost the signal strength and ensure you a fast download speed.
* Stream media from microSD, USB Flash Drive or external hard drive to all connected devices
* WLAN 802.11ac and Dual-Band 2.4GHz/5GHz, 4 X 4 MIMO
* Support up to 20 Wi-Fi enabled devices plus one Ethernet device
* LCD screen with integrated data usage meter
* Up to 24 hours battery life
* Charge compatible smartphones and digital devices by plugging into USB-A port
Install the battery and SIM card is really simple. Just following the below steps:
1. Install the battery and SIM card to the Netgear mobile router MR1100.
2. Download the NETGEAR Mobile App.
3. Power on your mobile router M1 and then connect your Wi-Fi device to the 4G network.
With this M1 mobile router, users can reach download speeds of 1Gbps which can be achieved under Australian carrier Telstra. Then you could download movies in a matter of seconds. It can also be used for video communication like Skype and Facetime or be used as a media hub and stream content to several devices at the same time.
The Netgear Nighthawk M1 MR1100 is really the fastest portable Wi-Fi which could delivers remarkable performance with great battery life. However, it is really expensive.