Keeping your Netgear Nighthawk M1’s firmware up to date improves the performance of your M1 and helps to protect your network against the latest security threats. However, there may cause some unpredictable issues after updating, such as cannot access the internet, cannot start the M1, etc,. So please do the updating before thinking it carefully.
Update Firmware From an Alert
1. Open the alert.
2. Click the Download button.
When the download completes, the mobile router displays an alert with an Install now button.
3. Click the Install now button.
The update installs. The mobile router reboots automatically and uses the new software.
Update Firmware From the NETGEAR Mobile App
1. On your smartphone, connect to the mobile router’s WiFi network.
2. Launch the NETGEAR Mobile app.
3. Swipe down. The dashboard displays.
4. Tap Settings
5. Tap Firmware. The Firmware page displays.
6. Tap CHECK FOR UPDATE.
The mobile router checks for firmware updates. If an updated is available, it is automatically downloaded.
7. Tap INSTALL UPDATE.
After the update install completes, a success message will display.
Update the Firmware From the Web Page
1. From a computer that is connected to your network,launch a web browser.
2. Enter http://m.home or http://192.168.1.1.
A login page displays.
3. Enter the administrator login password.
The dashboard displays. If a firmware update is available, a blue INSTALL NEW FIRMWARE link displays on the right.
4. Click the INSTALL NEW FIRMWARE link.
The update downloads.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions to install the update.
After the update completes, the mobile router reboots.