If your Nighthawk M1 (MR1100) router is not working as it should, dropping connections or not being responsive, you should first do a reset of the router to see if the problems persist. Other scenarios where you might want to reset your router is if you’ve forgotten the password or misconfigured it and can’t get access anymore. Your can reset your Netgear Nighthawk M1 (MR1100) in the following way(s):
Factory Reset From the NETGEAR Mobile App
1. On your smartphone, connect to the mobile router’s WiFi network.
2. Launch the NETGEAR Mobile app.
3. Swipe down.
The dashboard displays.
4. Tap Settings
5. Tap Firmware.
6. Tap PERFORM FACTORY RESET.
7. Tap YES.
The mobile router M1 resets and returns to its factory settings.
Factory Reset From a Web Browser
1. From a computer that is connected to your network, launch a web browser.
2. Enter http://m.home or http://192.168.1.1.
3. Enter the administrator login password.
4. Select SETTINGS > Administration > Factory Reset.
The Factory Reset page displays.
5. Click the Factory Reset button.
6. When prompted, click the Yes button to confirm.
The M1 mobile router resets and returns to its factory settings.
Factory Reset Using the Reset Button
1. Make sure that the mobile router LED is lit to indicate that it is receiving power from the battery.
2. Remove the cover on the bottom of the mobile router.
3. Place your thumbs on the arrows on the cover and press down while sliding the cover up.
4. Leave the battery in place.
5. Locate the Reset button.
6. With a sharp object such as a paperclip, press and hold the Reset button for five seconds.
The mobile router returns to factory settings.
7. Replace the cover on the back of the mobile router.