Using a VPN service could secure your computer’s internet connection to guarantee that all of the data you’re sending and receiving is encrypted and secured from prying eyes. With an Ethernet port, the Netgear Nighthawk M1 provides a way to establish a vpn tunnel to a corporate network.
To connect to a corporate network using VPN, you must first enable VPN service. Please use the following steps to enable the VPN service.
1. From a computer that is connected to your network, launch a web browser.
2. Enter http://m.home or http://192.168.1.1.
A login page displays.
3. Enter the administrator login password.
The password is case-sensitive.
The dashboard displays.
4. Select SETTINGS > Advanced Settings > Other.
5. Select the VPN Service Enable check box.
6. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved. Then the VPN service is activated.
Please note that:
If you are using your Nighthawk M1 mobile router while connected to a VPN, you might not be able to access the M1 mobile router web page using http://m.home.
To directly access the mobile router web page hosted on the device, enter the address http://192.168.1.1 in your browser.